vBulletin 5.7.3 Changes and UpdatesvBulletin Connect 5.7.3 is now available to download. vBulletin Cloud sites will be automatically updated in the coming weeks.
- Google Authentication has been refactored. The routines have been updated to Google's new APIs and use OATH2. Detailed instructions to configure Google Authentication can be found in the core/packages/googlelogin/readme.txt file.
- Twitter Authentication has been repaired with the current Twitter v2 APIs. However, registration via Twitter Authentication does not work at this time.
RSS ModuleA new RSS Module is available for custom pages. RSS Feeds will be cached between updates. An option is available to specify how frequently a feed is updated. Due to the nature of gathering external data, page rendering can be delayed when the feed is updated. When using many RSS feed modules on the same page, there can be a significant delay when the cache is updated.
URL PreviewsSeveral issues reported with URL Previews have been corrected:
- URL Preview Caching will now work correctly.
- Better image processing has been added for invalid images on some URLs.
- A memory leak that occurred with many URLs in a post has been resolved.
- Image scaling has been updated to provide a better presentation.
PHP 8.0+ RequiredWith this release , we will no longer support PHP 7.4.X. As of November 28th, 2022, PHP 7.4.X is EOL (End Of Life). Due to this, it is recommended that all customers upgrade to PHP 8.0 or higher as soon as possible.
Install / Upgrade Information
Files to DeleteThese are files known to be unnecessary in the current version of the software.
- In the /js directory, delete all files with 572 in their file name.
- The directory /core/packages/googlelogin/vendor should be deleted.
System RequirementsMinimum System Requirements
- PHP Version: 8.0.0
- MySQL Version: 5.6.10
- MariaDB Version: 10.0.0
- PHP Version: 8.1 or higher
- MySQL Version: 8.0 or higher
- MariaDB Version: 10.3+
Current Version Support Schedule
- Active Version - 5.7.3
- Security Patch - 5.7.2
- Security Patch - 5.7.1
- No Patch Release - 5.7.0 and earlier
DiscussionIf you have any questions about these changes, you may discuss them here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/4478815
If you find an issue with the software or request a new feature, please visit our tracker.
To receive support for your vBulletin Product, please visit our community forums.